Scottish Enterprise Health Innovation Job Vacancy
Job title: Specialist
Team: Health and Wellbeing
Location: Any Scottish Enterprise office, with home working options
Hours: Full time with flexible working options
Closing date: 27 July 2022
Job ref no: R00280
Scottish Enterprise is Scotland’s national economic development agency and a non-departmental public body of the Scottish Government. To deliver a significant, lasting effect on the Scottish economy, we work with partners in the public and private sectors to find and exploit the best opportunities. Scottish Enterprise is committed to growing the Scottish economy for the benefit of all, creating more quality jobs and a brighter future in every region.
We’re building a transformational National Programme which aims to make Scotland a world leader in the health and care economy, and help Scottish citizens live longer, healthier lives. We need a Health and Wellbeing Specialist to help us deliver it.
In this role, you’ll develop projects, promote the work of Scottish Enterprise’s Health and Wellbeing team, and lead research that informs strategy and new initiatives with stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Exploring opportunities across Scottish, UK-wide and global health and care sectors that will benefit Scotland’s economy and the health outcomes of those living in Scotland
· Engaging with stakeholders across Scotland’s health and care systems and health industries — which will include representing Scottish Enterprise at key events, promoting projects and networking
· Sharing and applying your knowledge of Scottish and UK health and care systems and health industries within a dynamic working environment
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is focused on delivering results, and will bring energy and enthusiasm to this role. You enjoy working as part of a busy team, and are willing to develop your skills.
Your skills, abilities and experience should include:
· Education to degree standard in life sciences or a technology-related discipline, or equivalent industry or public sector experience
· An understanding of Scottish and UK health and care systems and health industries, or experience and knowledge of innovation systems and processes
· Quantitative and qualitative information gathering and strategic analysis skills, with an ability to produce research reports
· Strong communication skills, with a high standard of oral presentation and writing
· Being a highly effective team player
Ideally, but not essentially, you’ll also have:
· Knowledge of or experience in the digital health sector.
· Project management experience (although training will be provided)
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, please send us your application form by 27 July 2022.
· 1st stage interviews will take place on 8 August 2022 in Edinburgh
· 2nd stage interviews will take place on 26 August 2022 in Edinburgh