Biomedical catalyst is back in June 2021!
UK registered businesses can apply for funding to develop innovative healthcare products, technologies, and processes.
The project could address (not an exhaustive list):
– disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
– earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
– tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
The project can include:
– experimental evaluation (at laboratory scale)
– use of in vitro and in vivo models to evaluate proof of concept or safety
– exploring potential production mechanisms
– product development planning
– intellectual property protection
– demonstrating of clinical utility and effectiveness
– demonstrating of safety and efficacy (including phase 1 and 2 clinical trials)
– regulatory planning
Total project costs must be between £250k and £4m. All projects must be SME led.
The competition opens on 7th June and closes on the 26th August.
For more information visit Competition overview – Biomedical catalyst 2021: early and late stage awards – Innovation Funding Service (apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk)
The Funding Information and Support Service (FISS) is dedicated to helping Scottish companies with technical innovation and R&D projects access non-Scottish Enterprise funding. The team provides information on the funding landscape, alongside tools and hands on support to companies seeking funding for innovation projects. If you would like to know more about how FISS could help you to apply to the Biomedical Catalyst, please contact FISS@scotent.co.uk