AI Dermatology Skin Cancer SBRI Challenge Open for Applications
SBRI: Skin Cancer detection using Artificial Intelligence
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition funded by the Scottish Health Industry Partnership (SHIP).
Organisations can apply for a share of £500,000 inclusive of VAT, over the 2 phases of the competition. The aim of this competition is to improve existing AI algorithms for skin cancer to accelerate detection and diagnosis.
The aim of the competition is to improve existing Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms for skin cancer to accelerate detection and diagnosis. We are seeking partners who wish to improve the diagnostic ability of their AI.
This is phase 1 of a potential 2 phase competition.
The challenge is open to applications until 1100, Friday 19th May 2023.
Phase 1 projects must:
- aim to start by 1 September 2023
- end 4 months after the agreed start date
- work with the identified NHS Scotland Regional Test Bed and academic research partner to develop their solution
- provide details of certification and compliance with relevant standards and regulations for developed algorithms, for example: CA/CE mark, ISO13485
To lead a project, you can:
- be an organisation of any size, registered in the UK, European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)
- work alone or with others from business, academia research, and technology organisations or the third sector, as subcontractors
There will be an online briefing event on 17th April 2023, 1300 – 1430.
To attend the briefing event, please Register Here
For any further queries about this innovation challenge, please Email